Multicultural NSW has developed a Settlement Portal to help connect migrants with the information they need to successfully settle in NSW
The Settlement Portal links users directly with practical resources and aims to help all migrants living in NSW including refugees and humanitarian entrants, skilled and family stream migrants, and temporary visa holders such as international students and seasonal workers.
It offers seamless access to information about services and support provided by the three tiers of government as well as funded service providers, community organisations and charities, making it a ‘go-to-place’ for all migrants to NSW.
With a focus on simple descriptions, visual cues and community language resources, the Settlement Portal will also help Multicultural NSW strengthen its focus on new migrants, including humanitarian entrants.
Accessible via a New Arrivals to NSW icon on the Multicultural NSW homepage (http://multicultural.nsw.gov.au/), the Settlement Portal offers links to useful organisations, websites and resources, to help with a range of issues.
Multicultural NSW is committed to a continuous improvement plan to ensure that the Settlement Portal remains helpful and up-to-date.
- Mental Health in Multicultural Australia
- Multicultural Health Communication Service
- Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW
- Northern Settlement Services
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre
- Translating and Interpreting Service
Cultural Medication Brochures The medication brochures are a fact sheet series containing detailed information about specific types of medications to treat mental health disorders and illnesses.
Everyday Reality Racism is an everyday reality for young people of migrant and refugee background. (PDF)
The phone Number for Language Services Ph: 1300 651 500
- للحصول على األستشارة و الدعم 24/7 – Arabic
- 7 天 24 小时的咨询和支持服务 – Simple Chinese
- 支持父母和家庭：儿童和年轻人的精神健康与安康 -Simple Chinese
- ส�ำหรับความช่วยเหลือและค�ำปรึกษา ทุกวันตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง – Thai
- Để được hỗ trợ và tư vấn 24/7 – Vietnamese
- برای مشاوره و حمایت 24 ساعت شبانه روز /7 روز هفته – Farsi
If you are feeling suicidal it is very important to seek immediate help, preferably by a mental health practitioner
Kids Helpline Ph: 1800 55 1800 www.kidshelpline.com.au
Lifeline Australia Ph: 13 11 14 www.lifeline.org.au
For urgent mental health issues call the Mental Health Line Ph: 1800 011 511 (24hrs 7 days a week)