Sometimes it’s hard to know the difference between normal behaviour, such as feeling moody, irritable, emotional and sometimes wanting to be alone, or whether a mental health problem is developing. It can be confusing at times and it is important to look after yourself during this process.
When to Get Help
- The mood state is severe
- It lasts for 2 weeks or more and
- It interferes with our ability to function at home, work or school.
If you have such feelings and they persist for most of every day for two weeks or longer and interfere with your ability to manage at home, school or at work, then you might benefit from getting an assessment by one of our workers.
ycentral is a ‘network’ of services in the one location delivering easy access and assistance for young people experiencing distress. Some of the services at ycentral are headspace, specialist mental health services, drug & alcohol, vocational support networks (employment), accommodation services and primary health clinics including Doctors and counsellors.
Does it cost anything?
Services at ycentral are free of charge.
How do I get Help?
- You can drop in and see us at ycentral we are in the Gateway Building, just across from Gosford train station.
- Ring ycentral Ph: 4304 7870 Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5 pm
If you need online support, eheadspace is an online and telephone service that supports young people and their families going through a tough time. The service is confidential so your conversations are private and secure unless the counsellor is worried about your or someone else’s safety.
headspace has new support groups at Gosford and Lake Haven for 2016 Term 1
- Current Clients (Link)
- Emergency Services Card (PDF) Emergency Food and Accommodation Services Wyong Area
- How Breathing Affects Feelings (PDF)
- Info-What Causes Depression? (PDF)
- Living Skills Brochure Term 1 2017 (PDF)
- Overcoming Stress Tool Kit (PDF)
- Panic Attack (PDF)
- Threat System (PDF)
- Unhelpful Thinking Styles (PDF)
- What are Loneliness and Isolation (PDF)
- What are Loss and Grief? (PDF)
- Thriving in the Digital Age Tips-Teens (PDF
Mobile Apps Page (link)
Not thinking properly? It’s all too easy for a little bit of stress to transform into a monster if it’s not managed. Monsters that will follow you everywhere you go. The good news is that there are always options to deal with stress early and make sure you achieve your goals. This survival guide will get you up to speed on what to look out for, to be on guard and learn how to tame the zombies in your life. http://bit.ly/somethinghauntingyou
Central Coast Youth Directory
If you are feeling suicidal it is very important to seek immediate help, preferably by a mental health practitioner.
Kids Helpline Ph: 1800 55 1800 www.kidshelpline.com.au
Lifeline Australia Ph: 13 11 14 www.lifeline.org.au
For urgent mental health issues call the Mental Health Line Ph: 1800 011 511 (24hrs 7 days a week)